Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a GE refridgerator with french doors, freezer on the

Customer Question
bottom with an ice maker...
we have a GE refridgerator with french doors, freezer on the bottom with an ice maker and water dispenser.
at the bottom of the fridge there is one big long drawer, underneath the drawer water pools up there and freezes into a big sheet of ice.
thoughts on what could be wrong?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/21/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, what is the model number from the sticker inside the refrigerator?
This refrigerator is most likely made by Samsung. If so, the defrost line line is blocked. The center back panel inside the refrigerator will need to be removed. Behind the panel is a small hole that the defrost drain water flows down. They have to small of a drain probe heater to prevent the hole from freezing. Unfortunately, the only way to fix this issue is to replace the drain probe to the newer longer version. The part is roughly $5. You can get it from any local appliance parts house or sears parts.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic