John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My frigidaire freezer sames to be running all the time it is

Customer Question

my frigidaire freezer sames to be running all the time it is about 5 years old
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? And have you tested the temperature inside to see what the actual temperature is? If not can you do that first before you reply please because without knowing the temperature anything at this point is somewhat guessing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ffu1466gw1
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK thank you for the model, but as I mentioned before have you tested the temperature inside to see what the actual temperature is? If not can you do that first before you reply please because without knowing the temperature anything at this point is somewhat guessing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
room temp 68 in freezer 20
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK perfect. So that is the reason it's running so much, the freezer should be at about 0 degrees and your thermostat is working properly because it's trying to get down to 0 degrees but just can't for some reason. What you'll need to do is empty the freezer and unplug the freezer. Remove the screws going into the lower back panel INSIDE the freezer. Remove that back panel and plug the freezer back in. Is the fan above the silver coils running? What does the frost look like on the silver coils? Are they packed with frost? No frost? Lightly frosted from top to bottom? Some frost on top but not on bottom? etc...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i cannot finish your request until tuesday may 26th.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Ok just let me know when you can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do i get back to you?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Just post back like you are doing now.