Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag refrigerator is leaking water from the inside it ap…

Customer Question
maytag refrigerator is leaking water...
maytag refrigerator is leaking water from the inside it appears
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/20/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.Unfortunately this is not an easy issue to fix on these bottom freezer top refrigerators. You will want to unplug the unit for 24 hours to allow all the ice to thaw out. Once the ice is thawed out, the best way to clean the drain line is from the bottom up because going at it from the inside is really difficult. If you pull the refrigerator forward and remove the bottom access panel and locate the rubber hose which comes down directly from the middle or so of the freezer floor toward the back and use something like a turkey baster to shoot hot water up the hose. Once it's clear and you can blow air through the hose, you're good to go again. Also, if you have the ability to just unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours that'll thaw all the ice out and them you can just blow air up and clear the drain out.Now this drain hose has been re-designed because the material on the hose would break down and the check valve inside won't allow water to flow out so below is a link to the new re-designed hose you'll want to order and replace with instructions. CLICK HERE for drain hoseWe are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
could a expired filter be the cause of the leak again there is frost on the top right of the freezer and ice at the bottom and water on the floor
No, that wouldn't cause a leak. if you have a sheet of ice in the bottom of the freezer then you just have an issue with your defrost drain backing up. Nothing else can cause that.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.