Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag quiet series clothes washer. It is 10 years…

Customer Question
I have a maytag quiet...
I have a maytag quiet series clothes washer. It is 10 years old. When it is agitating & in the spin cycle, there is a loud grinding sound it sounds like metal on metal
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/20/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges or on the back of the control panel on the far back left.
Would it be mav5920EEW
Are you there
Yes that's it thank you. So you just need to tip the washer backwards and remove the belt below the washer. Turn all 3 pulleys and one of them should be grinding or not spinning smoothly. The center pulley will have "springy" resistance one direction but not the other and that is normal. Either way, most likely the pulley on the right side likely the one making noise and that is your drain pump which the bearing fails often so the drain pump would need to be replaced to fix the issue.
Sorry , yes I was just typing.
Sorry it showed you were off line. Is the drain pump hard to replace
No not at all, the part number is ***** and below is a video that shows you how to replace it. CLICK HERE for video
Thank you!
No problem and good luck to you. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.