Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bryan, I need to clean between the glass layers in my Miele H4082BM co

Customer Question

Bryan, I need to clean between the glass layers in my Miele H4082BM combo oven. Can you help me. Liquid got between the layers on the door
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If you're trying to get between the oven door glass, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is a flip up locking tab on each hinge that you can rotate upwards so that the hinge locks out. Flip these tabs up and lock out the hinges. Once the hinges are locked out, just lift the door up to the broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can clean between the oven door glass. Now the screws are slightly different on this ove. They are torx bit screw heads (look like a star), so you'll want to get a torx bit screwdriver set at the hardware store if you don't have one. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can you provide a picture of the locking tab

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately there aren't pictures for these Miele ovens but below is a similar hinge which you can see the locking tab on.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to be dense. This is what I'm looking at. What do I pop up?

Terry

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I don't see anything? Did you try to attach a picture? There should be a paper clip button above the text box that you press to attach an image.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
You'll need to take a picture from further away with a few different angles if possible.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry to be dense. This is what I'm looking at. How do I pop it up?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
As I mentioned before, you'll need to take a picture from further away with a few different angles if possible.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will try to get back to you later, Right now not satisfied with info that is not model specific.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You had the wrong answer. Two pins on the door separated the layers. Once depressed door separated and allowed cleaning of the glass without removing door. How do I get my deposit back