Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator is not cooling. Temperature will not go below…

Customer Question
my refrigerator is not cooling...
my refrigerator is not cooling. Temperature will not go below 50 degrees. There is a message to change the air filter. Could that be the problem? and where would I find an air filter? is that something I could replace
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/19/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
The air filter will not cause the problem. Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator and can be seen if you open the door.
FPRH19D7LF1
Perfect, thank you. So the first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer. Remove the screws going into the lower back panel inside the freezer. That will expose the silver evaporator coils and the fan motor. Is the fan motor running? What does the frost look like on the silver coils? Are they packed with frost? Some frost on top but not on bottom? etc...
This is a stand alone refridgerator. There is no freezer. I am at work and would need to check this after I get home. Is it Ok to get back to you then?
Yes of course. The advice is still the same, you just have a different thermostat inside if it's a refrigerator and not a freezer. I just saw it was a stand alone unit and thought it was a freezer since that's what most stand alone units are.
Will get back to you later.
ok good luck
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc