John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My mom's 14 month old Amana

Customer Question

My mom's 14 month old Amana NTW4650YQO wash machine will not rinse.
At rinse time, the tub begins to fill but also begins to pump the water out.
A distributor service rep checked the unit and said that it was the W10484678 Control Board.
Replacement is nearly $400 on a machine that she paid $550 for , 14 months ago.
What"s the problem here????????????
xxxx xxxxxxxx
PS... The real issue at hand is the lack of concern by the Whirlpool customer service department regarding the obvious premature failure this extremely expensive electronic component. (Note that my sister has already pursued warranty coverage via the dealer and factory sources.....Whirlpool seems to be the "Mother Company".)
I have already followed this electronic reporting process to the point of providing a credit card number.
Our mother is 95 years old and does not have the funds to purchase a $500 Amana wash machine every 14 or 15 months.
There is a high level of frustration that I am attempting to control.
Please discuss this situation with your management team, especially regarding the possibility of warranty coverage.
Regards,
xxxx xxxxxxxx
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
This is the web Site just Answer!!
We have nothing to do with any Appliance Manufacture .
That is why you were asked to but a value on your question.
I can assist you in finding out if the control board is the issue ,or not!
But If the unit is 366 days old 1 day out of warranty the manufacture will NOT assist you on anything out of warranty.
Are you even 100% sure that the washer is going into a drain mode as it is filling ? Drain mode meaning the pump is being energized to pump ,not just the water goes out of the washer.
there are several reasons the water will go out of the washer in a rinse cycle other then the control board.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My mom's 14 month old Amana NTW4650YQO wash machine will not rinse. At rinse time, the tub begins to fill but also begins to pump the water out. A distributor service rep checked the unit and said that it was the W10484678 Control Board. Replacement is nearly $400 on a machine that she paid $550 for , 14 months ago. What"s the problem here???????????? Rich SchommerPS... The real issue at hand is the lack of concern by the Whirlpool customer service department regarding the obvious premature failure this extremely expensive electronic component. (Note that my sister has already pursued warranty coverage via the dealer and factory sources.....Whirlpool seems to be the "Mother Company".)............... Please note that I may have sent the this request to non-factory / web help site "Just answer" in error, however the request for warranty assistance from Amana is still valid..........I have already followed this electronic reporting process to the point of providing a credit card number. Our mother is 95 years old and does not have the funds to purchase a $500 Amana wash machine every 14 or 15 months. There is a high level of frustration that I am attempting to control. Please discuss this situation with your management team, especially regarding the possibility of warranty coverage. Regards, ***** *****19 May 2015 09:21Thanks for your response, Woody.
I really did not intend to seek outside assistance for this Amana issue.
I find that Internet addresses are so deceptively created these days that there is no clear way to determine which are Official and which are Secondary.
I respect your knowledge of the Amana products however do not wish to use, or pay for, your services at this time.
Please cancel this transaction.Regards,Rich Schommer