Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I replaced my water filter on my Samsung RF4289HARS/XAA and

Customer Question

I replaced my water filter on my Samsung RF4289HARS/XAA and water flows for about 15 seconds and then stops. If I remove the filter water flows normally, but when I put it back it stops after 15 seconds.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Did this issue occur before you replaced the water filter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried different filters and had the same issue.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK then either your electronic water valve is shutting down because it's getting weak and doesn't have the same water flow through when the filter is installed because that reduces the flow, or you have a bad filter receptacle. This is a really odd issue and I can't think of one way that you could actually test to determine which one is causing the problem, but I'd probably replace the electronic water valve first as those tend to get tired and weak over time. Below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for water valve We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.