Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Our new 800 plus series Bosch dishwasher is very loud and the

Customer Question

Our new 800 plus series Bosch dishwasher is very loud and the problem seems to be the spinning part below the top rack...if I remove that piece the noise seems to stop... but clearly I need that part to have clean dishes! Thanks in advance! I have contacted Bosch Canada twice, but unfortunately they have not followed up...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, I've seen this a couple times on these models. You need to replace the upper spray arm to fix this issue. It comes as a kit. It's a plug and play kit with the spray arm and the inlet pipe. It changes everything at once. Replacing it will fix this issue for sure. You can get the part locally or from parts select. The part number is ***** The kit is roughly $30.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thank you. It is a brand new dishwasher so I am surprised that the upper spray arm needs to be replaced? Is it possible that it is not installed properly to begin with? This dishwasher has never been quiet!
You're most welcome. It's possible it's not installed correctly. It's also possible it's defective from the factory. It could be missing a piece. It's hard to say. It has a one year warranty on parts and labor. When you set up a service call tell them to bring part number 00745856.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is why I ended up on this website as my emails have gone unanswered by Bosch.... I was hoping with more information I could be the technician! Is there a youtube video you could recommend? What part do you think could be missing?I will check back in tomorrow... it is now midnight and I have to go to bed! Thanks!
Let me see if I can find a video that shows this repair. I don't remember seeing one but I'll double check. Do you see a small thin seal between the inlet pipe and the spray arm? Almost like a big plastic washer? That could be missing. It's really the only thing that cause the arm to make a noise unless the assembly was out of spec for some reason. You can replace the part. It's a very straight forward repair. It sounds like you've already taken it apart once. You can not get individual piece it comes as an assembly so either way you will need to replace it.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
"It has a one year warranty on parts and labor. When you set up a service call tell them to bring part number 00745856."Although I appreciate your prompt service, my intention was to get the correct advice from you so I could troubleshoot and and NOT have to call a serviceman.In the end I did have to call a serviceman and thankfully I did not request he order the part you recommended as the problem had nothing to do with the upper spray arm but rather the stainless steel filter on the bottom of the dishwasher.Like I said, your service was prompt, but I will be requesting a refund as the answer did not assist me in any way.Thanks for your time.Allison
You're welcome.
Thanks