Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool frost free freezer model number ev160nztq02 keeps…

Customer Question
My whirlpool frost free freezer...
My whirlpool frost free freezer model number ev160nztq02 keeps freezing up in the back and ice cream is melting but temps say 15-17 deg F. Defrosted and tried again and same thing happened
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/19/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
When you defrosted the freezer did the freezer start working again?
Yes but not correctly was not freezing well. We just plugged it in and it is hot to the touch on both sides
OK so you need to remove the lower back panel inside the freezer. Is the fan above the silver coils running? Look at the silver evaporator coils and are the coils packed with frost? Lightly frosted from top to bottom? Some frost on top but not on bottom? No frost?
Yes running no frost yet but ususally have frost on condenser
We just plugged it in 5 min ago. This is the third attempt.
Is the fan above the coils running? Give the unit 15 minutes and tell me how the frost looks like on the coils.
It has frost from top to bottom
ok and is the fan above the coils running?
Yes
What would make it hot to the touch on the sides
OK then your compressor is overheating and cutting out when it shouldn't be. When you plug the unit in to begin with the sides will always be hot for the first 24 hours or so as the compressor runs a lot to cool the refrigerator down. But the fact that the temperature is never getting down to the correct temperature means that the compressor is just running forever or cutting out from overheating and turning back on when it cool down. The compressor would need to be replaced to resolve this issue I'm afraid to say. Either the compressor is inefficient or its overheating, either way the compressor would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.