Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

Trying to figure out what's wrong with my GE Profile model PFSS5NJWASS refrigerator/f

Customer Question

Trying to figure out what's wrong with my GE Profile model PFSS5NJWASS refrigerator/freezer. We had a water leak yesterday and I isolated the issue to the drinkning water line and I ordered replacement tubing. I had unplugged the unit while I was looking for where the water was coming from. After plugging the unit back in, the temp has continued to rise. The freezer is now at 35 degrees and the fridge at 43 degrees. Optimal temps on this unit are 0/37.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 2 years ago.
Check to see what is and isn't running. Should be a fan in the freezer running. Then remove the back panel - is the fan down there ( the condenser fan ) running. The compressor ( the black cantaloupe sized part ) should be running . Put your hand on it or a screwdriver with the working end on the compressor and the handle to your ear to see if it is running .