Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My side by side Hotpoint frig model hss25gfta ww model no longer

Customer Question

My side by side Hotpoint frig model hss25gfta ww model no longer produces ice. This happened right after I had emptied it and put back in (which I've done lots of times). I get water still, but no ice. Reading directions, I can't find the on/off switch; or understand where to turn the drive mechanism???? JudyG
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The on/off switch is on the right side of the icemaker near the front head. It's a plastic switch that you either flip up and down like a light switch, or a slide switch which slides forward and backwards. GE icemakers are a bit different. Try turning the switch off. Wait 60 seconds and turn the switch back on. Push the white paddle in 3 times slowly within 15 seconds. Then wait 2 minutes. You should see the icemaker start to cycle. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.