John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Maytag Bravos x MVWX700XW2 washer will not spin out like

Customer Question

My Maytag Bravos x MVWX700XW2 washer will not spin out like it should. I replaced lid latch assembly. Still does the same thing. If I put it on drain and spin sometimes it does it sometimes not. I also tried getting codes. I get as far as the scan, it scans then quits I can not get it to go to 01 or any number for that matter after it scans. Help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, have you ran the calibration cycle on this washer yet? When it quits during the scan what happens exactly? Do all the lights go off or?
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, all lights go off

Have you ran the calibration cycle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is what I did. Made sure washer was off then turned dial counter clockwise 4 or 5 times, stopped, 3 clicks clockwise, then 1 click counter clockwise, then 1 click clockwise, all led lights lite up. turned dial 2 clicks clockwise until display says 02 then pressed start button to auto scan. Scans when done, makes done signal sounds then lights go out. What else do I need to do to figure out what is wrong?

When it doesn't spin out what exactly happens? The tub is full of water or are the clothes still wet or what exactly is going on.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cloths are still wet even if it spins out. Other times it spins, like when I put it on drain and spin, spins out real good. Just does not do it all the time. At times when it draining it sounds different then other times and is long time making that noise. I have a glass top and when I watch it, the drum shakes when it is draining real noisy. Or is it trying to spin and it cant? It is not right that is for sure

Is the noise you're hearing coming from the drain pump?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not sure because a lot of the time I can hear the water going into the drain. When it is making the other noise I do not hear water going down the drain. Does that help any?

What does it sound like? Is it a clicking noise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, clicking, just noisy, similar to drain pumping yet different.

I'm going to opt out and put your question back at the top of the list. If another technician has an answer, they will respond shortly.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just ran the normal cycle on the washer, should the Lid locked light stayed on. It filled and washed then drained, no spin but looked like it was trying to and had that sound like draining. Lid lock light started flashing for a few minutes then unlocked. Started to fill for the rinse, no agitating or spinning later I heard it drain. still no spin. Timer was slow, stayed unlocked, nothing else happened till it was done. Can you give me any answers at all.?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just tried getting codes off the machine again like I said I had tried before writing to you. Here they are F7,E1, FO, EO

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No one ever got back to me, found what error codes F7 E1 is shifter/actuator. One should not have to pay for something that I found out my self.?