Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a magic chef dryer CYE4000AYW that want cut on. Tenant

Customer Question

I have a magic chef dryer CYE4000AYW that want cut on. Tenant said they smelled a burning smell then it stopped working. Please can you help me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
First, make sure that your dryer is getting power from your house. If it's getting 220 volts then this means that either your door switch is bad or the thermal fuse is bad. To check the door switch just open the door and push on the switch to make sure it still clicks. If so then the switch is still good, you will need to replace the thermal fuse which is located on the right side of the heating canister in the upper back left corner of your dryer. There will be 2 WHITE wires going to the fuse and it's the one on the right side of the heater box, not the ones on top. To access use a putty knife and push back on the 2 hidden metal clips between the top panel and the front panel. This will allow you to unclip the top panel and hinge the panel up and backwards. Here is a link to the part.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thermal fuse was bad.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Awesome, I'm glad I could help. Please remember to rate my service before you leave and if you need anything else just let me know.