Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Neptune Washing machine, about 6 years old.

Customer Question
Never had any problems. Just tried...
I have a Maytag Neptune Washing machine, about 6 years old. Never had any problems.
Just tried to start cycle and get a humming sound and no water starts. Water is not off, machine has not been moved. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2015
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, My name is***** you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. Good evening,Can you Open the door and look inside around the door opening, There should be a model number tag with the model number on it.
MAH8700Aww
Are you still there?
Okay perfect, Now does this do the same buzz or hum in the beginning of the cycle on both cold and hot wash ? If you set the machine to hot water wash does it do the same thing ?
I will check and see... Just one minute.
Okay
The barrel moves on COLD/Cold but still no water.
how about hot ? Does no hot water come in when this is on hot water wash either ?
NO
okay . this means the water inlet valve is either clogged or has failed. (the electronic valve on the machine itself) try removing the hoses and cleaning the screens inside the water inlet valve hose connection ports. If those are clean replace the water inlet valve.
Will check
okay great let me know. if you need the valve the part number is ***** thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Our Hot water heater was replaced earlier this week. I did not find the screens clogged but there was lots of air in the lines. Could this cause the problem?
That could have caused an issue , Have you tried removing the hoses and placing them in a bucket and turn them on to see if the water is flowing ?
No, I just let the air escape from the lines. A small trickle of water is coming through but not like it normally fills.
I will take them loose and let the water flow.
That will take a few minutes.
okay
Water is now flowing, but not much volume.
Any other suggestions?
Okay so the water is flowing through the hoses into the bucket but not strong ? If so its not the washer its the water in the house.
No, I did not communicate with you. The water came through the hoses just fine when I disconnected them. I have put them back on, the water is now flowing, but at a trickle.
Okay then the valve in the washer is the issue. A lot of the time when they replace a water heater they stir up fine sand and particles that can get into the valve inside the machine jamming it inside. there's no way to take these apart it will need to be replaced.
We use the honor system here at Just Answer so please remember to rate my service before you leave. Thanks and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician