Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

How do you remove the Bosch HBL755 top oven

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Currently the temperature in the top oven is erratic and doesn't reach the temp you set it to. I was told that often there is a problem with the connection to the thermostat. I want to remove the top oven. I turned the circuit breaker off and removed the oven door but had to put it back for dinner
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The top oven cannot be removed, that appliance is all one assembly. The issue is likely with the temperature sensor. That is accessed from inside the oven and will simply unplug and pull out when the retaining screws are removed. The temperature sensor for that model (both ovens) is available below.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-Sensor/00418417/1050070?ss=-x343138343137&mr=0?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have checked the thermostat on the Bosch HBL755. Its found in the upper left hand corner of the oven. It doesn't have any screws holding it from the inside. Does the whole oven have to be removed? I have no problem in removing the doors on both the upper and lower oven. With both doors off, can I remove the oven by myself? I don't have anyone I can ask to help remove it. If there was a way I could send you a picture of the inside of the oven. Thanks, ***** ***** *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
If it appears that the sensor is installed from the back with just the probe sticking through, you will need to pull the entire oven out and remove the rear access panel. The manual shows it mounted in from the front, though. You can use the paper clip icon to upload a picture or upload it to www.tinypic.com and send me the download link.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The link is http://tinypic.com/r/2m3qxvt/8 . With both doors off, can I remove the oven by myself? I don't have anyone I can ask to help remove it. Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
If you can slide it out onto something, yes. However, that oven is very heavy and if you get it out so far it will become unstable and fall if you try to do it by yourself. Most servicers use an adjustable cart to slide it out on but you can use whatever you have available as long as it will support the weight. It definitely needs to be pulled out, though, that sensor is installed from the back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do you remove it other than providing support for the oven when you slide it out?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The entire oven will come out, allowing access to the rear cover panels. Once the covers are removed, the sensor will be able to be removed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had an old 4 wheel dolly around to move heavy things and some scrap wood I had left from some other projects. I made a platform the height of the bottom of the oven with the dolly and wood. I slid the oven out onto the platform with no problem and removed the thermostat. I set my voltmeter to the lowest ohm setting to test it ed it was not functioning. I ordered one from the website you had given me and will install it when it arrives on 5/19. Thanks for your help. I hope it fixes it. Here's a photo of the platform. http://tinypic.com/r/2ep0mq0/8 Best Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Great job with the platform, well done! You should have a working oven soon, nice work!