Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

No ice in REFRIGERATOR . model # ***** SamsunG

Customer Question

No ice in REFRIGERATOR . model # ***** SamsunG ...what a nightmare! I can't even test the water valve because the words are built right into the plastic valve body
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The easiest way to test the ice maker is to manually fill it with a turkey baster. If it dumps the cubes but does not fill back up and the fill tube is clear, the inlet valve is at fault. If it does not dump the cubes and power is at the ice maker, the ice maker is faulty. Let me know what happens after manually filling the ice maker.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I usually test to see if the water line to the ice maker is clear by applying power to the valve
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Just remove the line from the valve and blow through it. That will tell you if it is clear.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
easier Said than done ... Which line is the ice maker supply?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
It will be the smaller of the two lines. If neither can be blown through, the fill tube is blocked.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll get back to you soon
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to change the ice maker ... Is it really as simple as pulling down on the tab and sliding the whole thing out? This like ice maker wont budge .. could it be frozen into place. does that happen?