Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Admiral Washer won't agitate, won't empty. Brand is Heavy Du

Customer Question
ty Super Capacity 8 Cycle...
Admiral Washer won't agitate, won't empty. Brand is Heavy Du ty Super Capacity 8 Cycle 2 Speed Combinations. What other details would you like?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/12/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
The number you have listed is a serial number, can I get the model number for your washer please? Also, the washer fills with water but it won't drain/spin/or agitate correct? Is the washer silent during these processes or does it sound like it's running even though nothing is happening?
There is also this number engraved in the back:(###) ###-####
or
Part no: W10140278
The model should be right above the serial number on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges. Not on the lid itself.
ATW4475T00CW0927313
Perfect, thank you. Now to be clear, the washer fills with water but it won't drain/spin/or agitate correct? Is the washer silent during these processes or does it sound like it's running even though nothing is happening?
Are you still with me?
Hello, yes still here. The washer is silent when not filling up with water.
OK perfect. There is a very common problem with this washer and this should be fairly painless to fix. The lid switch is located in the back left corner of the top panel of the washer. There is a long metal arm that extends from the left lid hinge and hits the lid switch to tell the washer that the lid is shut. This metal arm tends to bend downwards over time making it so that it doesn't create a good contact with the lid switch. You will need to reach under the top panel through the basket opening and try to bend the arm back up, or more likely the better way to access this bar is to remove the control panel and then take the entire outer metal shell off so that you can reach under and bend the metal arm up slightly to make better contact. Now if you can't bend the arm through the door way you'll need to remove the entire outer shell to get better access to the metal arm. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to remove the control panel as well as how to remove the outer shell so that you can access the lid switch bar on the left lid hinge. CLICK HERE for videoWe are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
OK. Let me look into it right now and I will respond. Hope it works!
OK good luck to you
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.
My nephew will take apart the top today so he can try to adjust the lid switch. We tried from the inside but to no effect yet. I will respond after he takes it apart sometime today.
alright, I'll be standing by.
It works! Thanks so much. ; D
Awesome, I'm so glad I could help! Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc