Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Thermastor Santa Fe Impact XT dehumidifier The unit is

Customer Question

Thermastor Santa Fe Impact XT dehumidifier The unit is leaking water from the bottom of the cabinet. The unit is about a year old and is putting moderate amounts of water out the proper drain tube. The basement is not getting drier.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The leaking water is why the humidity is not dropping as much as you would like. The leak has to be addressed to restore the proper dehumidifying. The most common leak point is at the connections for the drain. Are you able to remove the cabinet for a look inside to see where the unit is leaking from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is a big unit with several panels. Removing the top panel reveals the fan and the top of the condenser. No way to see where the condensate collects. Not sure which panel to remove next.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Can you remove one of the side panels? I have not worked on that exact model and there is little service information available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The side and back panels are riveted to the bottom panel. Removing the front panel allows access to the compressor and the fan. Removing the fan shows the evaporator coil but not the drainage apparatus.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
I am going to see if I can get more information from the manufacturer. While I am researching deeper, I am going to place your question back to the list for others to see in case another has that information readily available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.