Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Maytag stove model MES5870AAB. Serial 15680889wu. Display and

Customer Question
all controls except top burners...
Maytag stove model MES5870AAB. Serial 15680889wu. Display and all controls except top burners don't lite up or function Is the4e a reset switch or fuse ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/10/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, on this model there is unfortunately no reset or fuse. It sounds like a power issue. Have you had any power related problems? Power surges or outages? It's possible the breaker is bad. try flipping in on and off a couple times real y quick and see if it changes. If not, you would need to test the outlet and the terminal block on the range to make sure you have both legs of 110v. It really sounds like a voltage issue to me.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you
The top four burners work fine. It's all the other controls. Clock/oven/bake broil/timer oven temp settings don't lite up or function. It is getting proper voltage for top burners so I don't think the voltage is an issue. I have switched the breaker on and off a few times and nothing changes.
XAre you still there??
Ah, I misunderstood you then. I apologize. If the top works, voltage is fine. The control board is going to be the culprit. It's the only thing that would cause this issue. Unfortunately, the control board will need to be replaced to fix this issue.
If you're handy, you can make the repair yourself. You can get the part locally or from the link below. There's a video in the link that shows how to replace the board.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-cntrl-elec-5760m286-60-ap4396453.html
Thank you
Control panel way to expensive $719.00+++. I unplugged stove and moved it about 6feet to do some wall repair. Everything working
Fine. Moved it back and plugged it in and now its not working as before. What do you think might have happened???
That's strange. It's really hard to say what could have happened. The first thing I think of is either a loose wire connection or possible a wire fell off and shorted? Take the control panel off and check the wiring connection. Make sure everything is tight. Sliding it out and pushing it back in should not have harmed the oven at all.
ok thanks I'll try that and let you know...(checking wires to control panel). I.ll get back to you when i finish checking wires...
FRANK
You're most welcome. Happy to help. Sounds good.
Thank you
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic