MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Jenn air model E33658 made a weird sound then fan turned on

Customer Question

Jenn air model E33658 made a weird sound then fan turned on will not turn off.smelled wire burning so turned off circuit breaker what's the problem ?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am thinking maybe fan switch shorted out...have not turned breaker back on because of smelling burned wire..so don't know for sure if burners and oven work
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
You need to investigate the source of the burn smell- I cannot do that for you. There is no certain thing that this will be in just one place, so that is why you need to investigate it. It only makes sense here that you have a failed connection somewhere and there is no way to know which one unless you get into it and look for it. You will need to take the appropriate action once you identify the issue.