Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a pretty old oven, the brand is Roy. Recently

Customer Question

Hello, I have a pretty old oven, the brand is Roy. Recently it began have problems baking the same recipes it use to bake just fine. It takes longer and sometimes my brownies just stay flat!
I have checked that both elements turn glowing red when I first turn the oven on. I've checked them with a multimeter, the bottom one reads 25 ohms and the top one 20 ohms.
If I put it on broil, both elements just shut off.
Any idea? Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Hi, the thermostat is bad. The thermostat is the only part that would cause both the elements to shut off. You will need to replace it to fix this issue. I'm not sure you're going to be able to find the part. Most of these parts were discontinued years ago.
We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.
Thank you