Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

I found and fixed a broken embeded wire problem 2 years ago. today the dishwasher di

Customer Question

I found and fixed a broken embeded wire problem 2 years ago.
today the dishwasher displayed same code again and i checked my wire work again, i think it was loose and it appears i didn't solder the wire, so i set up to do it right this time but forgot to kill the power(via the breaker).
I touched the line(red one) and sparks flew.
breaker didn't blow but the LED display is now dead.
Did i blow the PCB or noise filter maybe???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi
You will more then likely have blow the control board rather then the noise filter.
Remove the outer door panels and there you will see the main control pcb. Take this out and open the casing and remove the board and im sure you will see this has blown. If it has then you will need to replace that.
Ive done it myself in the past with a soldering iron were it shorts out with all sparks and it blows the control pcb.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already had a quick look but Where am I looking for evidence of the blown part?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Just look at the pcb itself as usually its the tracking that blows. But also look on the componments on there and see if any of these have blown. As usually if its blown you will see it. As it could be anywere on the board were it will have blown.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't see any problems on the board. Is there a way to test?
Does this model have a thermal fuse? Does the PCb have a red light to help diagnose this problem.
Just want to be sure before I drop $100plus on a pcb. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Ok it doesn't show a thermal fuse in there and ive not come across these with them.
But if theres no signs of burning on the main board then you nee to check the filter board in the bottom of the dishwasher.
Access it underneath and there you will find the filter control board. Take this out and see if theres any signs of blowning on there. As for the fault you described I think you will find there should be signs of burning on one of the boards so check that filter board in the base and see what you find.
Regards