Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE Profile Model #PFSS6PKWBSS double door refrigerator.The

Customer Question

I have a GE Profile Model #PFSS6PKWBSS double door refrigerator.The climate keeper light comes on with frige and freezer temps changing with a noise.TURBO COOL LIGHTS ALSO COMES ON.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issues you are having sound to me to be electronic in nature. Unplug the refrigerator for an hour or so and see if the behavior changes. Let me know what happens after the power is restored, please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I HAVE ALREADY TRIED THAT. DID NOT OBSERVE ANY IMPROVEMENT.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Page 71 of the service manual shows how to initiate the diagnostics cycle. That manual is available below. Can you see if it will go into diagnostics and walk through each of the manual tests and if the behavior changes once it is set back into a regular control mode, please?
http://www.mediafire.com/view/5it7yfz9m877tom/pfss6pkwass_Manual.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Tried to run the diagnostics starting from page #71 ,pressing buttons have no changes .Nothing observed on the display.It continues to show RESET FILTER symbol and WATER symbol.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
I believe the control board will need to be replaced and is available below.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WR55X10763/1472751?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have changed the control board .The climate keeper illuminates and the fridge temp digits shows 32-46 and the freezer temp shows -2 to 6 with the sound [chime].This was the problem when we started.The only difference is the number of times it is occurring .This occurred 3 times in last 3hrs.When this happens turbo cool comes on.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Will it initiate the diagnostics routine now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Started troubleshooting page#71 display went blank,then .temp appeared.Third and 4rth press nothing.Returned to normal mode by removing power plug.Turbo cool light again appeared. Also did self diagonistics page#78 figure of 88 88 appeared ,no codes displayed.Display back to normal but turbo cool light on with chime.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Will the Turbo Cool cycle off now? It does chime when you press the button?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still observe temps appear (-) 6F-8F and 32F-46F with chime once or twice in every 40 minutes or so .The standard temp settings is supposed to be -2F and 38F.When the climate keeper light comes on with changing temps(chime) ,it is followed by turbo cool symbol light on.I have checked the temp by putting a thermometer in the refridgerator,it showed 32F-38F which seems ok.Think about turbo cool light or some sensor related to this.