Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Fridgedaire error code SY CF. Noticed a 2 wire sensor in the

Customer Question

Fridgedaire error code SY CF. Noticed a 2 wire sensor in the ice bucket with one of the wires broken. How do I replace this issue and reset the error code
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So you can try to unplug the refrigerator and splice the wire back together with a wire coupling. Then shrink wrap the connection. But other than that if that doesn't work you'll need to replace the entire icemaker since that is the only way that sensor and wire is sold. Below is a link to the icemaker you'd need to order. The error you're getting is a communication error which means that the refrigerator can't communicate with something which is likely due to that broken wire unless you have 2 problems in which case your main control board may have also failed. There is no way to know until after you replace the icemaker if the error still exists. CLICK HERE for icemaker We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.