Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Can I convert my maytag range from gas to propane

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one? Then I can see if your range can be converted or not to LP from NG.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have the stove here it's at my new house i believe the model is mgr8600ds
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Perfect, that works. So yes this oven can be converted to propane but you'll need to replace all the cooktop burner and oven spuds or "orifices" which are the nozzles that flow gas into the burner. Below is a link to the kit with all the new spuds you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for kit We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.