Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Bill, I have a Frigidaire front load washer model# *****

Customer Question
Hi Bill, I have a Frigidaire...
Hi Bill,
I have a Frigidaire front load washer model# ***** It stops during the wash cycle with a bout 22 minute left. I read a ton on line and started with checking for obstructions, there were none. The pump is fine.
I check the door latch, it reads 1632 ohms, i also checked a new one and it read in the 1600's also, so didn't think it is the latch. i also did checked the motor with no load, disconnected from power and unplugged from motor speed board, it read 6.3 and 6.5 on the pins.
I received error code E59, so replaced the motor board. I ran it through a cycle, with no clothes, and it operated fine. Then i got error code E11 with clothes, i did the test by starting washer, water flow is good, unplugged it and water stopped. I have a pressure senor not a so i can not test it.
I also got the E59 code again. Is it possible the motor is no good or maybe the main control board. I have limited funds so i don't want to by unnecessary part.
I also tried the clear the codes but have been unsuccessful. the tech manual i found on line does not work on my washer.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ernie
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/9/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The E11 error means that the control cannot tell what the motor is doing, the tacho signal circuit is not working. That is often times due to a poor connection. Remove each wire from the motor, motor control and main machine control and inspect and return to position. Then, you can run a cycle and see if anything changes. Let me know what happens. The technical information sheet for your model is available below.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/0a426sug5a0abz0/FAFW3574_Tech_Sheet.pdf
Hello, though the E11 coded was for water overflow and the E59 cod was for the tacho signal? You wrote E11 for this issue.I can hear clicking like it's trying to ingage. It will turn the drum a few times and stop, then spin a half turn. Waited about 30 minutes, put it into spin mode and it fished.I will check wires again.
I am sorry, the E59 is tacho, that was a typo on my part, my apology.
The fact that it will eventually finish the cycle if manually set to spin is indicative of the main electronic control failing. Let me know on the wiring inspection.
Will doGina be about an hour before I can get to it. Thanks
Sure, no problem, thank you!
I disconnected all wires and harnesses,ran an empty cycle. Whasher stopped at 33 minutes left and LED flashed "Pause"
Sorry all wires and connections looked good, no corrosion or burnt marks. Main plug to motor had a small amount of white residue. Was able to scrape it.
It sounds to me like the main control is failing and will need to be replaced. The control for that machine is available below.
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b2p11/Frigidaire-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board/137006070/1531113?modelNumber=FAFW3574KW0&ss=a11b2c13d701550&mr=1?rcaid=1000054
Just checked error code and got E11this time. Also was able to put it into soon mode again and finished. Should I replace the pressure sensor also?
Is it filling with cold water quickly or is it just trickling in?
Quickly
Well it does not trickle but it is slower than the hot but it should right?...
The hot should be slower than the cold. I would remove the small pressure hose from the switch and blow through it (the hose) to clear any obstruction. Any change after?
Blow through it, was easy no obstructions.
Looked at both, they both come though just about same. No obvious difference been hot n cold.
Okay, so the pressure switch may have issues or the control. Not getting the E59 anymore during a cycle?
No the last time was E11
Great! Try another cycle now that you have blown through that tube and see if it still errors.
Okay
Fingers crossed, let me know what happens! :-)
Will do, running now
Great, thank you!
Doesn't the machine gold the last code on memory? Do I need to clear it?
It will hold all of the error codes in memory but will not error again unless it is detected again. Did it error again?
It finished the cycle like it did when I replaced the spwed motor board. The real test is putting a load in. Last time as soon I put a load in,it stopped. Keep fingers crossed. It did still show E11. Pouring a load in now.
Are the numbers I gave for the door latch n the motor good?
Oaky so put towels in it started,went to check on it and the LED was off and the washer stopped. Showed E59 code.
Bummer, it looks like the machine control will need to be replaced. Sorry for the delay, I had to step out for a bit.
Okay, how bout the numbers I sent in the initial question
Between pins 4 & 5 on the motor, you should read 80-130 ohms. The door lock should read around 1500 ohms.
Hi Kelly,Just an update. Instead of buying the $180 board, I went a head and bought the pressure sensor first, $40. I have run several load with success since replacing the sensor. The washer no longer pauses and completed the load.I really wish i would have just replaced the senor like I originally believed instead of paying for $37 for this since I had already performed the diagnostics myself. As well, I provided detailed info on what diagnostics I performed including ohm readings. I had to ask a few time for you to answer and address the readings I sent. I believed you would better serve your customers by addressing specific question and not ignoring them.So I spent $77 to fix a $40 issue on my own.Hope you will keep this in mind for your next customer.*****for some one who is looking for help and has little to no knowledge on where to start, the information you provide was valid and would be useful to them.******
Kelly, Appliance Technician