Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Tyler - I have an LG DLE5977w dryer - made in 2004. I've

Customer Question

hi tyler - I have an LG DLE5977w dryer - made in 2004. I've replaced the controller board, heating unit (which came with both new sensors) and for the life of me I cannot get it to stop saying "cooling" on the front panel. No heat - no joy. Tip?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
There is a separate sensor called the "thermistor" which is mounted into the blower/lint filter housing below the dryer drum. This is the part that tells the control board which the dryer needs to cool down. If you have replaced the control board, that is definitely not an issue which leaves only the thermistor sensor. The part number is ***** and it costs about $10 or so is all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the quick response. I've replaced it already, but the new heating element also came with one attached. So I'm using the one with the new heating element
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello...
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The thermistor you need is the one below. It is not mounted on the heater but to the left on the blower housing.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/6323EL2001B/1268206?rcaid=1000054
Is this the one you have already replaced?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly, I was able to figure it out. Turns out it was the heating element.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
That is odd, was it shorted to the case and staying on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unclear. I just dropped a new unit in and all is well.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thank you. I am not sure how that would have corrected it but am glad it did! Thank you for the update!