Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Samsung RSG307AARS and the ice maker is not dispensing

Customer Question
ice or water....
I have a Samsung RSG307AARS and the ice maker is not dispensing ice or water.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
When you push the leaver nothing happens, it would work in and out for about 6 months or so. You could stick the cup to it and it worked fine, then other time it wouldn't work at all. Now I think its completely out. Seems like a switch behind the display but I don't know how to get the display off.
Answered in 1 day by:
5/9/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Unless the switch at the dispenser is not making any clicking sound, it is probably good. The most likely to be causing your issue is a connection problem at the wiring harness where the door harness connects to the main refrigerator's wiring harness. Is that connection tight and clean with no signs of corrosion or heat (melting or discoloration)?
Ok, I pulled the plastic plates on top of the fridge, I took all the connectors apart and used some contact cleaner no success, Is their any other connections I should clean? Everything on the display works except the lights when you push the leaver. you can turn the lights on manually. Is their contacts inside the display that I can check?
The dispenser components are all electronic and controlled by the main control board and the low voltage board on the front. The only mechanical contact is the switch that gets depressed when you press the lever. Can you hear a click sound when you press that lever?
yes, you can here the clicking. Do you suppose the control board is bad? it was going off and on for about 6 months or so.
What I mean is the section the control board that controls the dispensing could have burnt out.
Yes, I believe the main control board (the one in the back) will need to be replaced.
Ok where is the control board located? inside or out and can you give me a part # ***** I can order one.
I am sorry, I should have posted that information, please forgive me. That part is mounted on the back of the cabinet. It is shown as number 22 in the diagram at the URL below.
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/1309046P-00003.png?wid=250&hei=250
The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/DA9200175B/3282474?rcaid=1000054
Just ordered the part off Ebay, repair clinic would take a month. I'll let you know if it works, when I get the part
Yikes, okay!
So $29 latter and it still doesn't work?
What is it doing now? Was the board new that you ordered?
Basically the same thing. Everything works except the dispensing of water and ice.
That is pretty odd. Is the front panel still lighting up and the switch definitely clicks when you de4press the paddle?
yes, all that works fine and the paddle still is clicking.
Do you have a meter you can test voltage with?
yes
There is an 11 pin plug that is directly across the board from the black relays. On that plug, can you test betweeen pins 3 & 5 and pins 4 & 5, looking for 13VDC at pin 3 and 5VDC at pin 4, please?
Ok their is an 11 pin plug directly below the relays with a pink, purple, yellow and white wires, is this the one? it is the first one with the thick 10 or 12 gage wires, and is on the board I just replaced.
Ok if your looking at the repair clinic board is it the connector on the bottom right corner? the one on the repair clinic is turned sideways, with the small wires. their is no wires in the first 3 slots. is that the one?
and it does have 11 wires going to it and so we are counting the wires as being the pins. So I should count the first second and third wires as pins then it skips a slot and so the 4 wire is counted as the 4th pin. hey I'm not tech savy as you, I'm a plumber
Ok put it on 20 DCV don't have a 10 and I came up with a reading of 2 VCD and 6 VCD.
The tech sheet will show you exactly which one to test, available below. See the 4th page, upper right corner.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/2pral4rff08esuz/RSG307AA_Tech_Sheet.pdf
ok let me check
Thank you.
Ok I got 8 and 36 on the 20 DCV setting
At the pins I posted above? Was that board new or used?
yes I can't remember which was 8 or 36, their was no info on the board when I bought it, its more than likely used.
Well, neither is correct, so that board has issues.
when I took the plug off to check the ice dispenser was opening and closing. I just checked the plug when it was off the board, I couldn't get the probes on with it on the board. should I try to
Ok I did get them to test and it was right 13 and 5 v, I had to have the girls t help.
What's next?
So the ice dispenser was working?
not exactly, the door was opening and closing, the auger wasn't working. I tried the water with it unplugged as well and no water.
So anymore ideals or should we ask someone else?
you know what I was thinking, the ice maker and water were going in and out, do you think its possible that a connector wiggled loose, behind the display panel. Been meaning to ask, How do you get that display off to even check it?
seems to me theirs a wire loose somewhere and that's the only other place I know. is this the low voltage board you were referring to, earlier, behind the display?
Kelly, Appliance Technician