Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore 110.24942301 washer and the motor all of a

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 110.24942301 washer and the motor all of a sudden is getting hot and smokes. I unhooked the transmission and only the pump is attached. When it start to drain it will get ¾ the way drained now and get hot and stop.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
You need to make sure there is nothing stuck in the drain pump causing it to cause to work too hard. If you don't find anything in the pump, then the motor just needs to be replaced because the bearings are either creating too much heat and causing it to overheat or the windings are going bad on the motor and causing it to overheat. Either way, the motor itself would need to be replaced to resolve either issue. Below is a link to the motor you'd need to order for your model. CLICK HERE for motor We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.