Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I used oven yesterday and when finished I clicked

Customer Question

I used oven yesterday for heating and when finished I clicked "cancel" button and "F9" appeared in display?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
F9 means there is an issue with the door latch not cycling properly for some reason. Possibly the latch was over heated when using the oven. Either way, just unplug the range and close the door. Wait 60 seconds and plug he range back in. Push in on the door in case the latch is rubbing on the door itself and hold it for a minute or two. If the F9 re-appears, you'll need to order and replace the door latch assembly. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.