Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dishwasher clean light flashes cannot cancel or Start/resu

Customer Question

dishwasher clean light flashes cannot cancel or Start/resume
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. Ok you need to try and reset the control board. Press "high temp wash, heated dry, High temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash" All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board. **NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead. If the control board doesn't reset, then it will just need to be ordered and replaced because it's just shorted for one reason or another. If the error does go away and comes back the next time you run a cycle then there may be a reason for it related to the water not heating, but for now just try to reset the board and you should be good to go again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
high temp wash, heated dry , "air dry" or "energy saver dry" do not exist on the dishwasher
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
They do they just might be called something different depending on your actual model number. If you can tell me your exact model number I can tell you what the exact name is. The model will be located on a sticker around the tub of the dishwasher and can be seen if you open the door.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jenn-air JDB8200AWP0
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Perfect, thank you. So your buttons are Sanitize and Precision Dry. Those are the buttons you would press back and forth 4 times. If that doesn't work then try to pull up an error code. Turn the dishwasher off. Chose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push. Watch the clean light. It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again. Can you tell me how many times X and Y are please?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with? If not, please remember to rate my service to complete our conversation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sanitize and Precision Did did not work.
Turned dishwasher off. Chose 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push. This caused every light on the control panel to light up and stay lit.
After a few minutes I press cancel then start/resume and the dishwasher would start but not go through a complete cycle.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Once you do the sequence of ********* all lights should turn solid then the clean light should start flashing to give you an error code which you need to count the flashes. If it's not flashing, then you need a new main control board.