Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My maytag washer has code f 28 on it . Can you please tell

Customer Question

my maytag washer has code f 28 on it . Can you please tell me what that means.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the error code means the CCU and MCU are not communicating. It's usually because the MCU has shorted. The CCU is the central control unit. It's located on the top right of the machine. The MCU is the motor control unit. It's behind the lower front panel. Unplug the washer for 2-3 minutes to see if it will reset. If it does not rest, the MCU is going to need to be replaced. You can double check the wires on the MCU. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you