Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I'm going to get some help on an issue I have with a

Customer Question
Hello, i'm going to get...
Hello, i'm going to get some help on an issue I have with a Kenmore cold spot 106. It is not cooling below 45 to 50° on the refrigerator side but the freezer is freezing just fine. With that being said I took the panel off of the inside of the freezer as it had a frosty spot on it and I clean the Coyles and I understand that I probably have a defrosting issue but I only have to do this about once a year. My issue now is more of the refrigerated side not cooling properly. I've had the refrigerator running for about the last hour after cleaning it and the fan inside the freezer is working properly and blowing air fine and the compressor is running and the fan for the compressor is running but I am still unable to get the refrigerator side cold. There is no ice dam impeding the airflow and the diffuser is open but the storage area in the lower portion of the refrigerator is not getting that cool but as I have been writing this the refrigerator has sash shut off as if it were to temperature. The compressor is warm to the touch, very warm actually I'm assuming because it's been running so long from me doing the repairs inside of the unit. I have also vacuumed out all underneath on the coils and clean that up very well it was a little dusty. Now I am at a crossroad I'm not sure what to do as I am very savvy mechanically and I am at a dead end now. I tried hooking a voltohm meter up to the diffuser powerlines but was unable to get a reading? I'm not sure that I tested it properly or if I should be getting a reading at all when it's not in motion opening or closing. Thank you for any help in advance and I appreciate your service. James
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
5/5/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
If the freezer section is at the proper temperature, the issue is likely air flow related. If the fan is running, we can rule that out. If the frost is only at the coil once per year, it is likely not a defrost issue. So, that leaves the diffuser as suspect. There will be no voltage unless the damper is opening and closing when you are testing it. So, you wither have a faulty diffuser or the control is not sending the signal for it to open. There is a chance that the temperature sensor may have issues but that is not as common. The sensor is mounted on the diffuser. Can you remove it from the refrigerator and place it in a glass of water filled with ice and test the resistance?
Kelly, Appliance Technician