Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have an LG french door fridge with 2 drawer freezer. The in door ice maker is making ic

Customer Question

I have an LG french door fridge with 2 drawer freezer. The in door ice maker is making ice and dispensing, but the water portion is not dispensing. It sounds like the water is engaging when depressed, but not dispensing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Hi, when this happens it's usually because the water tank is frozen. The water tank is inside the refrigerator section behind the lower drawers. Use a blow dryer and slowly heat the tank up. If the tank is not frozen, the water valve on the back is going to be the culprit. The water valve has two solenoids. One for water at the door and one for the ice. It's one assembly. It's on the back and has plug and play wires and the hoses are as well. It's a very straight forward repair. It sounds like the tank is frozen though based on your complaint. We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge. Thank you