Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am trying to replace a water filter housing on a kitchen Aid refrigerator model KSCS25FV

Customer Question

I am trying to replace a water filter housing on a kitchen Aid refrigerator model KSCS25FVMS01. The plate under the grill has screws that are holding the door and levelers. Can you tell me how to get the housing out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The housing just pulls through the front of the refrigerator but it's very difficult and you must angle it and such to actually pull it out the front vent area. Unplug the refrigerator and turn the water off to the refrigerator first. Remove the vent grille below the doors and open the doors. Remove the screws going into the filter housing coming from the front Reach in and disconnect all the hoses from the filter housing. To disconnect the hoses push in on the plastic collar (toward the filter housing) and pull out on the water line. It's very tight so it's difficult to disconnect these hoses, but that is the process to disconnect the water lines. Then angle the filter just a bit so you can get one lip over the bottom frame first or one lip over the top frame first and then you can pull the filter housing forward and out to replace it.