Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag Neptune dc runs but no heat

Customer Question

maytag Neptune dc runs but no heat
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.
Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mcg8000aww
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not getting any flame
Im going to opt out these unit are impossible to diagnosis with out being there .
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, My name is***** you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. Good afternoon. Do you have a volt meter and know how to use it for testing power and continuity ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes and yed
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay can you see the burner tube where the igniter is ? unplug the dryer and on the side of the tube (outside) is the flame sensor carefully remove one wire to isolate the sensor and then test it for continuity. It should have continuity. if not replace it if it does its fine. the next thing is unplug the igniter and place a probe from your meter in each of the connector plug coming from the dryer and tape them. Now plug the dryer back in and start it on high heat. you should get 120 volts. if you do the igniter is bad . if not unplug the dryer and check the blue thermostat on the heater box. it should have continuity. if not replace it. it comes in a kit and has three thermostats in the kit. you use two out of three. it comes with instructions to tell you which two. Go to repair clinic .com and put in this part number to see the thermostats. LA-1053. thats the thermostat kit. let me know what you find bad. thanks . Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok have continuity on both and 124 v on the other
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
So you are getting 124 volts to the igniter but its now glowing at all ? If so the igniter is bad. Replace the igniter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ordered that yesterday along with a new belt I will let you know if it works plan to fix it thursday
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay thanks. Bryan