Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

111mk, (not a duplicate) I have a washer that I got from a friend not

Customer Question

I have a washer that I got from a friend not working. Water is hooked up and plugged in. When you start the cycle it does nothing. What is wrong with it? Model number is *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely to be causing the issue you are having is a faulty lid switch. If you open and close the lid, do you hear the lid switch clicking in the left rear corner of the lid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do hear it clicking
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Any noise at all, like humming or buzzing from the water valves?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. If you set it to the spin setting in the cycle, will it start? Or, is it dead no matter where you start it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dead no matter what
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. If you have a test meter, we need to verify power from the outlet to the machine. If it is there, we need to measure continuity through the lid switch. If it is good, replace the timer, available below.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/W10201447/1481941?rcaid=1000054
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I have a meter but don't know how to use it. Please tell me what to set it on and the exact steps on testing the power from the outlet and the lid switch