I have a Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator Model FGHB2844LF5.

I was filling a glass...
I was filling a glass of water when it stopped dispensing. None of the lights are on on the control panel. I have reset breaker and tested the outlet with another appliance and the outlet has power. I have even plugged it into another outlet. Nothing is working on the unit. The light inside is not coming on, the compressor is not running and no... Read full answer
I have a Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator Model FGHB2844LF5. I was filling a glass of water when it stopped dispensing. None of the lights are on on the control panel. I have reset breaker and tested the outlet with another appliance and the outlet has power. I have even plugged it into another outlet. Nothing is working on the unit. The light inside is not coming on, the compressor is not running and no light are working on the control panel. What could be the issue?
9/21/2014
Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

If the outlet has power but the light on the inside isn't turning on then you have a bad main control board. The main control board is located under the freezer on the bottom.

How do i verify that this is intact the issue. I was leaning that way myself but do not have a clue on how to verify this.

If you have a multi meter you can test for voltage going into the board. The board should have 120 volts at Line to neutral
Appliance Man
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My Hisense fridge keeps beeping. HR6AFF355D. bought about
my Hisense fridge keeps beeping JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it? Customer: HR6AFF355D. bought about 12/8/2017 JA: Do you plan on doing the work yours… read more
McgiverSR
McgiverSR
Technician,
I replaced the ice maker assembly and the main control board
I replaced the ice maker assembly and the main control board in my Frigidaire LGUB2642LF3 after ice maker thermistor was ripped out and wires shorted the main board. The unit now has power, the displa… read more
Stefan T
Stefan T
Service Technician,
Kitchen Aid refrigerator model ksrb25qxwh00 My unit shuts
Kitchen Aid refrigerator model ksrb25qxwh00 My unit shuts off totally, no compressor or light, I unplug it and plug it back in and it will run for an hour or so and cut off again. I have checked and t… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have a frigidair galaxy frige that stopped working. I was
I have a frigidair galaxy frige that stopped working. I was dispensing ice and the whole frige shut down. no lights, error codes on dispplay panel. tried turing circuit breaker on and off but no chang… read more
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
My frigidaire gallery freezer stopped working. A few days ago
My frigidaire gallery freezer stopped working. A few days ago the display on the door said there was a power loss. I unplugged it and it cleared up. It happened again today and now nothing is working.… read more
Randy 43
Randy 43
appliance technician,
Our Frigidaire Gallery 28 CF FEF SS FGMV174KF French Door Bottom
Our Frigidaire Gallery 28 CF FEF SS FGMV174KF French Door Bottom freezer control panel now reads the freezer temp as "5Y" or "SY" I can't tell which. The refrigerator temp reads "CE". None of the cont… read more
Appliance Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
My subzero suddenly turned off. Nothing is lit on the control
My subzero suddenly turned off. Nothing is lit on the control panel. The circuit breaker is on. What should I check?… read more
Appliance Technician,
I have a Frigidaire Gallery Side by Side Fridge Model PLRS267ZA
I have a Frigidaire Gallery Side by Side Fridge Model PLRS267ZA - it's our secondary fridge out in the garage. About two weeks ago it stopped working - not keeping things cold any longer. The odd thin… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
frigidaire refrigerator gallery just died, no lights no nothing,
frigidaire refrigerator gallery just died, no lights no nothing, is there a reset button or can a refrigerator just die?… read more
Owner,
Frigidaire Gallery Model# XXXXX Ice maker malfunction The
Frigidaire Gallery Model# XXXXX Ice maker malfunction The ice maker stopped filling with water. I checked the supply line from the house to the tray- it is not clogged or frozen I checked the inlet va… read more
Randy 43
Randy 43
appliance technician,
My Frigidaire gallery refrigerator water dispenser turned on
My Frigidaire gallery refrigerator water dispenser turned on automatically and started pouring out water. The only way I can stop it is to turn the water off at the source...any ideas what is wrong?… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Our frigidaire gallery French door fridge just shut off and
Our frigidaire gallery French door fridge just shut off and won't come back on. Checked the breaker and its not that. My son was using the ice maker when It shut off. HELP… read more
Barry G.
Barry G.
Stop searching for answers—
I have a GE side by side Refrigerator model # XXXXX -
I have a GE side by side Refrigerator model # XXXXX - it has been functioning perfectly - but this morning a technichician reset the plus it is plug into to resolve another preobelem and now I cannot … read more
Master Tech
Master Tech
I have a 3 year old side by side gallery refridgerator. A few
I have a 3 year old side by side gallery refridgerator. A few months ago a problem crept-up;the digital panel would lock-up not allowing water or ice, and the compressor must have been off along with … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a frigidaire gallery series refrigerator. Today the
I have a frigidaire gallery series refrigerator. Today the water dispenser stopped working and there is a little red light over something like a glass symbol. It is not the filter light. Not sure what… read more
Tech/owner,
my frigidare gallery light goes on but it doesnt work it says
my frigidare gallery light goes on but it doesn't work it says it could be the time delay fuse and then reset circuit breaker can't find either or… read more
Tech/owner,
MY SIDE BY SIDE KENMORE REFRIGERATOR MOD#25358672896 DOES NOT
MY SIDE BY SIDE KENMORE REFRIGERATOR MOD#25358672896 DOES NOT DO ANYTHING NOT EVEN THE LIGHTS COME ON IT WAS WORKING JUST FINE I DID UNPLUGGED IT AND PLUGGED IT BACK INTO THE OUTLET AND ALL OF THE SUD… read more
Appliance Technician,
Hello, I have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator model PLHS267AB1.
Hello, I have a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator model: PLHS267AB1. It stopped cooling and I could here the compressor start and stop. I discovered it was not the compressor but the evaporator fan had … read more
Tech/owner,