We have microwaves spacemaker (jvm2070) the control panel is…

We have microwaves spacemaker (jvm2070)...
We have microwaves spacemaker (jvm2070) the control panel is frozen on "set clock" none of the buttons operate ( not clear,home or off work) I have reset by unplugging microwave a couple of time with no success. Any ideas?... Read full answer
We have microwaves spacemaker (jvm2070) the control panel is frozen on "set clock" none of the buttons operate ( not clear,home or off work) I have reset by unplugging microwave a couple of time with no success. Any ideas?
3/16/2014
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Thank you for using JustAnswer

Remember to rate ok or above so I will be paid and you can still contact me here.

It's either the touchpad went bad or worse the main control board.

Please remember microwaves contain high voltage internal components that can retain a lethal electrical charge even when the microwave is completely unplugged. You need special equipment to work on a microwave starting with an anti-static wrist strap grounded to the microwave to even test components in it.
AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
I hope I didn't pay for this help. I could have called a repairman with this advice/ken

Yes I understand The touchpad is out of stock tho

Click Here for the parts

and you dont have to pay just don't rate the question

it's just microwaves are very dangerous SORRY

No good advice,no parts no payment should be earned.
I just said you did not have to I will open question to other experts for faster service do not rate
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

You don't have to rate poorly, I can help you get your microwave going. That was just one suggestion that often times works with no cost!
Ok,Kelly at least gave me some idea to try. My first rep gave me nothing.. I would rate Kelly a 3. Buy the way a repairman is scheduled to replace the microwave
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX offer the OK rating here, please?

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My GE microwave Model JVM2070 just started refusing to work.
My GE microwave Model JVM2070 just started refusing to work. The touch screen will light up and the clock works, but there is no response when any of the controls or numbers is touched. After a short … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
i have a spacemaker microwave GE JVM2070, when i touch the
i have a spacemaker microwave GE JVM2070, when i touch the screen to put ina command it does not respond. when it does the buttons does not correspond to the action that the oven does. can yo help?? T… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
i have an old ge spacemake 2 microwave oven. The diplay said
i have an old ge spacemake 2 microwave oven. The diplay said lock and none of the buttons worked. i unplugged it (several times, and for a couple of hours) The display comes on, counts down from 30 se… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Stop searching for answers—
I have Whirlpool Accuwave Gold Microwave. Built in 2008.
I have Whirlpool Accuwave Gold Microwave. Built in 2008. A couple days ago I wanted to cook a bag of frozen corn. Followed the directions on the microwave for cooking frozen vegs. Selected "Cook", sel… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
We have a GE Profile Spacemaker Microwave (Model JVM2070sk02).
We have a GE Profile Spacemaker Microwave (Model JVM2070sk02). When I press the control pad to get it to work I see options (such as cook, defrost, etc.) but when I press the button, the pad goes dark… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
We have a GE Spacemaker Microwave PMV2070SM1SS that has started
We have a GE Spacemaker Microwave PMV2070SM1SS that has started to lock up. When it is unplugged/plugged, it says something about the microwave losing power. It has worked fine for 2 1/2 years. Any id… read more
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic
Service Technician,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
GE over the stove microwave, model HVM1540DN1BB MANUFACTURED
GE over the stove microwave, model HVM1540DN1BB MANUFACTURED IN 2008.... after girlfriend cleaned front of unit buttons, clock, no longer work. Except 30 second add button works.. If I unplug the unit… read more
Owner,
my ge Spacemaker microwave, model JVM1650BH05, is approx 5
my ge Spacemaker microwave, model JVM1650BH05, is approx 5 years old. was working fine until a few weeks ago when shut down during a heating cycle. the panel went blank and none of the buttons on the … read more
Appliance Technician,
my GE spacemaker microwave JVM1650WH01 just stopped working;
my GE spacemaker microwave JVM1650WH01 just stopped working; yesterday morning, I used it without any problems and then 30 mins later, it simply wouldn't work; there is no power apparently going to it… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
The touch control panel of my GE Spacemaker Microwave oven,
The touch control panel of my GE Spacemaker Microwave oven, model #JVM1540DN1BB, quit working. I am getting a message on the display screen to "please press clock", but none of the touch commands seem… read more
Tech/owner,
I have a GE JVM2070 2.0 Spacemaker microwave. The control
I have a GE JVM2070 2.0 Spacemaker microwave. The control panel started becoming inconsistent meaning the touch buttons did not work. I would unplug and then plug back in and the control panel would b… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Spacemaker XL Microwave Oven. It is plugged in correctly.
I have a Spacemaker XL Microwave Oven. It is plugged in correctly. We may have had a power surge. It is asking that I set clock, but none of the buttons work except CLEAR. I unplugged for a minute and… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
Stop searching for answers—
Have a SpacemakerXL microwave oven, JVM 1443. I shut off the
Have a SpacemakerXL microwave oven, JVM 1443. I shut off the circuit breaker for this machine (and another appliance) and when I opened the circuit again, the Spacemaker display had all numbers lit up… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
We have a Frigidaire Professional Series Range. The power has
We have a Frigidaire Professional Series Range. The power has gone off and came back on. The display says PF. The manual says to hold the clear/Off button to clear the pf, and then set the clock. This… read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,
Our Microwave GE Spacemaker XL1800 display is reading P9 and
Our Microwave GE Spacemaker XL1800 display is reading P9 and none of the touchpanel buttons are responding. Any suggestions… read more
Home Appliance Technician,
Our GE Spacemaker microwave Model # XXXXX cuts off after
Our GE Spacemaker microwave Model # XXXXX cuts off after running for about 2 seconds. It says press clock and we reset the time, date and month. The fan, lights and all other buttons respond. As doon … read more
Home Appliance Technician,
I have a Whirpool Gold accubake system the digital panel is blank cannot operate oven
When we try to operate oven the panel is blank and does not let you change clock time. The top eyes work and the clock keeps time. It is model GY396LXPB02. Any ideas?… read more
Mr Repair
Mr Repair
I have a GE Spacemaker 2.0 Microwave JVM2070. It is less than
I have a GE Spacemaker 2.0 Microwave JVM2070. It is less than two years old and shuts off after 1-2 seconds. The display usually freezes up and I have to unplug it to get it to respond. Over the last … read more
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry
Outside inhome service tech,