Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore Elite 795.75552401. Sometimes while opening the left

side door the LEDs on...
Kenmore Elite 795.75552401. Sometimes while opening the left side door the LEDs on the display panel will all come on - on its own. Exactly as in test mode 1, I can then go thru test 2 and 3 until it resets to normal - everything is fine then for a day or two until it happens again. I have tried a control board but continues to fail (maybe new board bad) ? May have had a power surge.
Thanks.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So it sounds like you're on the right track. Which board did you replace exactly? What was the part number?

Hello Tyler, Control board P# XXXXX

Dave

OK so remove the top cover on the upper left door hinge. Unplug the refrigerator and unplug the wire harness. Make sure none of the wire connections look corroded and if they look burnt or corroded, try to use a wire brush to clean them up if you can. Other than that, if the unit is going into diagnostics on it's own, that's a problem with the dispenser board logic and not the main control board like the part you replaced. The part number you'd need to replace is 3211JJ2001A and this part is the board located inside the dispenser itself.

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Checked the harness - looks good no damage I can see. I forgot to mention that I replaced the display board 3211JJ2001A with no luck.

There is nothing else that would cause this problem other than the display board or the wiring harness. If the issue is intermittent and happens when you open and close the door, it sounds like you have a bad wire somewhere but it would be really difficult to track down the wire and you'd likely need to contact a parts store to see if the wiring harness is even sold separately from the door to see if you can replace just the wiring harness or you'd need to replace the entire door.

I have done the jiggle and beat test and cant get it to screw up.

I even put the original boards back in and get the same intermittant results, so i guess it could be a harness inside the door? Any other thoughts?

I would agree that it sounds like a harness inside the door, however, there is one last test you could try I suppose. If you open the door and push the door switch in a few times if that gets the board to act up then possibly your door switch is causing the control board to malfunction. Perhaps for a split second the switch is telling the control board that the door is both open and closed or something along those lines. I've never actually seen this happen but I suppose it would be a possibility and it's easy enough to check by pushing on the door switch to simulate the door opening and closing.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it a try. Might have to jack it up and put a new one under that one.

Later!

Alright, well I wish you only the best and I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having today with this unit. It's definitely an odd ball issue.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc