Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Fridgidair dishwasher. Clicking/whining sound during operation.

Fridgidair dishwasher. Clicking/whining sound...
Fridgidair dishwasher. Clicking/whining sound during operation. Sound accelerates/decelerates as cycles change.
11/19/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can you stop the wash arms by sticking something through the dish racks so that the arms can't spin to see if the noise still continues?

Also, can I get the full model number located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you open the door?

Model FGHD02433KF1

When I open the door the machine stops. Not sure how to stop the wash arms.

So if you just hang something down like a spatula down through the top and bottom rack, that will stop the wash arms from turning. Then you can shut the door and run a cycle for just 2 minute or so and see if it's making the noise or not. Can you check that really quick please?

doesn't seem to have any effect. noise seems to come from underneath.

OK perfect. So you'll want to remove the lower wash arm and the filters below the wash arm to check for anything that might be getting into the pumps causing the noise. If you don't find anything and the issue happens when the dishwasher is washing, the wash pump would need to be ordered and replaced. To replace this pump, the dishwasher would need to be uninstalled and tipped on it's back so that you can work below the tub and remove the pump. Below is a link to the pump you'd need to replace

CLICK HERE for circulation pump

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

ok, i'll give it a shot tomorrow. how do i get back in touch with you?

Once you rate me, there is an E-mail sent to you with a link to come back so you can ask follow-up questions if needed. The question never really closes out at that point and you can ask follow-up questions if you need so you can work on the unit at your own leisure and continue to get assistance from me by just coming back at no charge.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc