Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a kitchen aid slide in Gas Range model/part # XXXXX

Gas stove top works fine...
I have a kitchen aid slide in Gas Range model/part # XXXXX Gas stove top works fine; however oven door is locked and electronic control panel front of stove is completely out; no lights are on does not respond to any touches. I have tried holding the "control lock" button for 20 seconds with no response and I have unplugged the device for 10 mins and plugged back in with no response. Any help out there?
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2013
Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up the model number please.
Thanks for that. The likely problem here is the thermal fuse has blown part 37 in the schematic below. Unfortunately this means you will need to pull the range out from the wall, remove the panel in the rear then pull the wires off the thermal fuse and test it with a ohm meter, if as I suspect it reads open then it's bad and will need to be replaced.

graphic

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Hi ,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? If you are still having a problem please feel free to come back for additional assistance.

Let me know,
Mike, Home Appliance Technician