Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore Refrigerator Mod No. 106.60232900. Constant voltage

to Starter control, but compressor...
Kenmore Refrigerator Mod No. 106.60232900. Constant voltage to Starter control, but compressor comes on for only about 5 seconds and goes off for 25 seconds, then comes on for 5 seconds again. Is the problem the start control or the compressor?
11/9/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. Hi , the most common problem is the start relay like you suspect. no they used a lot of different relays on these refrigerators, this is the one they show on yours but it may be different, does yours look like this ?

Yes. Looks exactly like my control.

okay. The only thing you can do is replace the relay, if the compressor doesn't start with a new relay (which usually it does ) then theres a compressor issue . you can order this on line at Sear's for around $24.00 at this link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/W10194431/0046/106&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=W10194431 or if you have a parts supplier nearby the part number is XXXXX W10194431 Well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician