Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

My Maytag washer has stopped filling with water. LSE7

My Maytag washer has stopped filling with water. LSE7806ACE
Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem today. Thanks for trusting us to help you with this appliance question.

Can you give me a minute to look up this model number please.
Thanks Kay, Does the machine act like its completely dead or does the machine make any noise when you set it for a cycle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is a stacking washer and dryer, the dryer is functioning normally, there is no sound when I try to start the washer.

Thanks Kay, Sounds to me like the lid switch fuse has blown, This is located inside the control panel and is a fairly common cause to this problem, You should remove the control panel, locate the lid switch assembly, remove the fuse and test it with a ohm meter, If as I suspect the fuse reads open it will need to be replaced with a 3 amp replacement you can purchase at lowes or home depot.

I would like to earn your highest rating, If I provide you with a answer this just means with the symptoms you have supplied me I am letting you know from experience where the problem is, this does not mean however that we have finished, If you have any additional questions please reply.

If I have answered your questions to your satisfaction please feel free to come back at any time after rating me "Excellent service" for additional questions you may have at no further charge :)

Sometimes I will have to give bad news, Please try to find it in yourself to rate me for the service not the bad news.

If you would like to request me personally for future appliance questions click here HERE and bookmark this page.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike, I cannot make this repair myself, I will need to have this repaired. About how much should this repair cost me?

Thank you for your quick response, I have bookmarked you,

Not that much, if i were doing it I would charge around $90, it just depends on region.

Thanks Kay.

Thanks!

Mike.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have given you an excellent rating and a bonus. Thank you for helping me. I like to have answers, not questions.

Your welcome Kay thanks!

Thank you for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any if you have additional questions :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After doing some research, I discovered this stacking unit is 10 years old, about the age when breakdowns begin. I decided that this is a good time to replace these machines with a side by side pair. I was never completely happy with the stacking units anyway. I bought a basic model Kenmore set yesterday for $500.00, this is twice the amount I was going to be charged to fix the old machine. Thank you for all you assistance, I really appreciate everything.

Kay

Thanks kay