Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire Built-In Dishwasher (Model: PLD3460RDC0)

I have a Frigidaire Built-In...

I have a Frigidaire Built-In Dishwasher (Model: PLD3460RDC0) mount under the kitchen counter. When I pressed 'Favorite Cycle' or 'Start/Cancel' button on the front panel nothing happen.

Here is an image:

11/2/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have any signs of life on the dishwasher at all if you push any buttons on the top of anything? Or does everything act completely dead?

When I press the cycles on the Overlay, the Start/Cancel button on the touchpad lights-up. But, after I pressed it, nothing happens.

OK so you either have a bad start touch button, or the door latch has failed and isn't telling the dishwasher that your door is shut. You'll need to take the door apart to remove the door latch assembly. Disconnect the wires from the door latch and test continuity through each switch when you push the latch onto the door striker at the top of the tub. If you have continuity through both switches, the touchpad needs to be replaced---otherwise you need to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the touchpad since this is the most common part that fails as well as a link to the door latch in case you need it.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

CLICK HERE for door latch

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Both products are out of stock on http://www.repairclinic.com/. Can you recommend another site?

Sure, below are links with the part in stock.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

CLICK HERE for door latch

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc