Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kenmore elite he3 washer control panel dead - replace the ccu…

Kenmore elite he3 washer control...
Kenmore elite he3 washer control panel dead - replace the ccu and after a minute or 2 dies again
11/2/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Hello, My name isXXXXX you for choosing Just Answer, It is my pleasure to assist you today. do you have the model number so I can better assist you.
We're Having a Problem on the Site
that is the your link
do you have the model number ?

kenmore HE3 elite

11142936200

give me a couple of minutes to look at this .

ok

okay so you replace this ? Main Control Board 285924          Main Product View the CCU ? well on this particular washer they had an issue with the user control display board. ( a bad solder joint because the wire was to short) User Control and Display Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Alternate Product ViewUser Control and Display Board(NNN) NNN-NNNN        Alternate Product View I have run into this on many of these. unfortunately you replaced the wrong part the user control has to be replaced. can you return the CCU ? heres a link to order the user control board. order here I'm really sorry to have to give you the bad news, thanks and best wishes, Bryan

if I change the user control the ccu still will work or not

oh yeah , Its the same CCU but I believe your old CCU was fine. that's why I asked if you could return it and get your money back on it that's all.

in any way to fix the user control ?

well what the issue is when the control shuts down is there a pin (wire) soldered to the board either the white harness plugs into or the blue one plugs into (its been a while so I'm not sure which harness, but the pin is to short and there also a soldering issue with the pin. you can try but I not sure if you can fix it, graphic I hope you can , that would be great !

the new ones user control have the problem fix or stil lwill have a short live ,os something hard to said ?

No the new ones are fine, they fixed the issue, it was a robotic solder machine but they didn't catch it in time I guess, a lot of machines got through, anyway if you cant fix it a new control will, Please remember to rate me 3 or above before signing off so I get credit for assisting you, thanks and have a great night, Bryan

thanks Brian ,good night

your very welcome. you too. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician