Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool double oven -model # XXXXX It goes

Customer Question
off and on whenever it...
I have a Whirlpool double oven -model # XXXXX It goes off and on whenever it pleases.Sometimes it goes off for hours. WE never know when it will work.The code that comes up is "E6" "F2". Can you tell me what to do to fix this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
10/31/2013
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.

When the error comes up, and you press cancel, does the error ever show up in under 60 seconds again? Or does it take longer than 60 seconds?

When the error code comes up I can start the oven,clock or do anything and it works fine. Then it may stop in a few minutes or hours later. Then the screen is blank and will not respond to any button I push. Then it may come back on a couple hours later

You will need to replace the touch pad.

You can order the correct part by clicking on the blue link below.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 s please consider replying and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

The touch pad was replaced yesterday by a repairman for a charge of $495.00. It does not work. Two hours after he left ,it went back to the blank screen and it is doing the same thing.

According to the tech sheet, that is what says is wrong, other than that it has to be the main computer. I have to agree that the diagnostic sheet is not always correct...

You did pay a lot for the keypad even with labor is should have been under $300. However since the keypad did not fix the problem, then the tech needs to return your money for the keypad and send the computer board out for repair, that should cost about $130 to have it rebuilt since there is no replacement for it..

Bill,
I noticed that your question is still open, is there anything else I can do for you on your problem?
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician