Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

all buttons of the control panel do not work

all buttons of the control...
all buttons of the control panel
do not work
10/31/2013
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! None of the buttons work at all, no beep, nothing? Can you double check that model number, please? The tag should be in the oven opening.

yes, model number is XXXXX

That number is XXXXX part number, the model will look like ABC1234DEF1.

where is the oven opening? one more question: why there is a monthly membership? we have to pay every month?

The membership is only if you choose to sign up for that program. The oven opening is where the food is placed in the oven, once the door is open. If this is a freestanding range, the tag may be on the bottom, behind the panel or drawer.

can I send you a picture of the range? I can't see the back of the panel.

Does it have a drawer or a bottom cover that pulls off in the front at the bottom?

here is the picture of the range

Okay, so at the bottom of the range, there is a drawer, correct? If you pull that drawer out, you will see the model tag.

model: JGS8860BDP

Awesome, thank you so much! Sorry for the hassle, but that number is XXXXX for this project. So, the control is lit up obviously, but no keys will work at all?

YES. none of them works.

Okay, so I suspect the touch panel is faulty. Turn the breaker off for about 10 minutes and if still no button response, it will need to be replaced. The touch panel is shown as number 1 in the diagram and is available below. I can help with installation, but basically you remove the knobs and screws at each side of the panel and on the bottom. The panel will simply plug into the board, allowing for an easy installation.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Touch Panel <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Thank you Kelly. I have tried to turn off the power. but didn't wait for 10m. when turned on, I saw this under the time: EE--214 M--214. what does this info mean?

That is the programming information of the board, it is not relevant to the consumer unless that control is replaced. Thenm the correct programming code needs to be programmed. It will not need to be programmed with just replacing the touch panel.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Kelly, Appliance Technician