Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

i have a jenn-air jds9860aab and i need to rise the temp

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.

Tyler Z. :

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Tyler Z. :

Sorry about the delay in getting you this answer but I was looking up what is required to calibrate the oven temperature for your oven.

Tyler Z. :

Now, you can only calibrate the oven up to 35 degrees up or down and if it's off by more than that, then you have a problem and would need to replace the part. Below are the instructions you need to calibrate the oven.

Full Size Image

Tyler Z. :

If your temperature is off by more than 35 degrees, then this can be caused by either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

Tyler Z. :

Let me know if you need any additional help

Customer :

how do you just 1st adjust on key it may that 1st

Tyler Z. :

I'm not sure what you mean? Can you try to re-explain?

Customer :

ok i do service work my self i just need to adjust the temp up by 25 what keys do i have to hold to adjust the temp

Tyler Z. :

OK that was in the instructions I gave you above, but if you can't see them I'll type it out for you

Tyler Z. :

Press bake and enter 550 degrees.

Tyler Z. :

Next, press and hold the bake button for 5 seconds until TEMP ADJ appears on the screen

Tyler Z. :

Now press the AUTO SET button until it shows 25 degrees on the display

Tyler Z. :

Now just press any function button (like Bake) and the screen will say "OPTION CHANGED" and it will be saved

Customer :

thank tou i give it try

Tyler Z. :

Not a problem at all

Tyler Z. :

You have a great rest of the day and if you need anything else, just let me know

Tyler Z. :

Please remember to rate my service before you leave. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. You can continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm just following up to see how your appliance is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?